Tips for Importing Outlook 2002 Settings to Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook is a kind of email application software that comes along with Microsoft suite of programs. Like all other software, this application too has many variants. Because of its interesting features, it’s used by people all over the world.
In case you have an older version of Microsoft Outlook installed on your system, it’s possible to upgrade your old version of outlook to a newer version. The steps involved in this process are simple and easy to carry out. Here I’m going to discuss about some tips for importing settings of Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2007. In case you face any problems while carrying out this process, feel free to contact the Outlook setting crew.
For exporting from Outlook 2002
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2002. Then navigate to the “File” menu and select the option, “Import and Export.”
- From the list of the option available, select “Export to a file” and hit the button, “Next.”
- From the list of all file types pick “Personal Folder File (.pst)“; after this, select the “Next”: button.
- Next, save the file that is exported. To do this, enter the name of the file and select the “Next” button.
- Once you complete the process hit the button, “Finish”, to save the alterations. Once completed, close the Microsoft Outlook 2002.
- Open your Microsoft Outlook 2007 program.
- Then navigate to the menu “File” and select the option called “Import and Export.”
- Then select “Import from another program or file” and hit the button called “Next.”
- Next, try to figure out where the “Personal File Folder (.pst)” is on the list of available options, and click it. After that proceed by clicking the “Next” button. After completing this go, to the hard drive where you have saved the actual file i.e. Outlook 2002 files, and select it.
- Now select the way in which you want to import the Outlook 2002 file to 2007. If you want to receive the information from outlook 2002, select “Replace duplicates with items imported.” But if you want to keep the Outlook 2007 dates, then click the option called “Do not import duplicates.” In case you don’t know the correct version, then pick “Allow duplicates to be created.” Now finish the process by clicking the “Next” and “Finish” button.
Thus you can easily upgrade from Outlook 2002 to 2007. All you have to do is spend some time changing the Outlook setting. Thank you!