You may have used the diary in the Outlook program. The program offers a diary to save notes but many of the users do not make use of it or many of them do not know about the Outlook diary. This article discusses about Microsoft Outlook diary and journals and the steps to make use of the features. You can follow the steps that are discussed below to use the Outlook diary.
- As the first step, open the Outlook program. After the program is loaded, you will need to look at the bottom left hand corner to see the icons that are present there. In between the group of icons, you will be able to find the Journal icon that is green in color.
- You may not be able to find the icon there. If the icon is not present there, you will need to go to the arrow that says Add or Remove Buttons, click on it and the find the journal icon. Add the icon and it will be shown in the bar.
- Click on the icon. If you are using the icon for the first time, it will show you a list of the applications that are capable of tracking. You will be able to track Excel, Word or Outlook and all other programs and whenever you open or make a new document with these programs, journal will make an entry.
- If you wish to add a new journal entry, you will need to click on Journal, and choose New. You will be able to find the icon on the upper right hand corner. You can click on the icon and then make an entry of your choice.
- Journal also offers a stopwatch timer. This can be used as a normal stopwatch and the user will be able to save time. This information will be stored in a journal entry and you will be able to access it at some other time. In this way, you will be able to make journal entries on your own.
These are the steps to make use of the diary in Outlook program. If you wish to know more about Microsoft Outlook journal or diaries, you can contact our tech support team. They will be able to help you know more on making use of the Outlook features.