Linking Outlook And Gmail Calendars
Both Google Gmail servers and Microsoft Outlook have calendar options. These calendars allow the users to input important times and dates. If you are used to making use of the calendars on both of these servers, you will be able to synchronize both of them so that when you input data to any one of these calendars, it will automatically update it with the other calendar. Doing this needs a software program that is offered by Google. You will also need an Outlook setup on your PC and a valid Google account to finish the steps. The program will regularly synchronize and update the calendars at the set time.
The Outlook setting steps to synchronize Gmail and Outlook calendars are explained below in this article. You can follow these steps to synchronize the calendar data of Outlook and Gmail.
- Log into your Google Gmail account by typing in the Username and Password of the account.
- You will then need to click on the Calendar link that is located at the top left corner of the screen. If it is the first time that you are accessing the calendar, Google will ask you to input or verify information like your name, time zone and geographic location.
- As the next step, download and install the Google Calendar Sync program onto your PC. After the download is finished, you can click on the Open button that is in the dialog box or on the installer icon and then follow the installation steps shown by the wizard.
- Type in your email id and password in Google Calendar Sync dialog box. This is done for verification. The dialog box will open immediately after the installation.
- Click on the radio button that is labeled 2-way. This will sync Outlook and Google calendars both ways. The other available option is one-way where the information entered on Outlook calendar will sync to the Gmail calendar or vice versa.
- Type in the time interval that you want the calendars to sync with each other. The default setting is 120 minutes.
- Click on the Save button to finish the synchronization process.
These are the Outlook setting steps to synchronize Outlook and Gmail calendars. The steps should be followed carefully so that you do not encounter any Outlook errors. If you wish to get more assistance in finishing the steps, you can contact our Outlook help and support team.