Configuring Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook is one of the email applications that are quite common among the different applications launched by Microsoft. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher are the other applications launched by Microsoft. There are several features included in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
You can configure email account in Microsoft Outlook 2007 and it is not at all difficult. It can be done pretty easily. Let us check how to configure Outlook Settings in your computer. You can start using Microsoft Outlook after the completion of Outlook settings.
- You can click on “Start” button on your computer and click on “Programs” and select “Microsoft Office”. From the list of Microsoft applications, you can open “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Once the program is open, you can click on “Tools” and choose “Account Settings”. Now you can go to “Email” tab and select “New”. Now choose “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP” which would be a radio button and select “Next”.
- You can provide your name that others can view when you send emails. You can provide the name in “Your Name” field. You can provide your email address in full and it should have “@” symbol along with the extension of the email address. You can provide a password for the email service in the “Password” field and you will find the option to “Retype Password”.
- Now you can select the “Next” button and check whether the settings that you have changed have been identified by Outlook automatically. If they do not identify the settings of Outlook you can choose “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types” by clicking on the checkbox and select “Next”.
- You can now select “Internet Email” if you are using Hotmail. If you have the Email server on Exchange Server, you can choose that option and click on “Next”.
- You can type in the name and email address in the name field “Your Name” and “Email address” respectively. You can provide all information about the server. You can collect all such information from Internet Service Provider or DSL Company. You can provide the name without providing the “@” symbol and extension of email. You need not provide the password as well and click on “Next”. This will complete the installation of the wizard.
Hope you found this article useful.