Very often, all of us stumble across various Outlook problems. The “Msvcr80.dll” error is a very common error. When subjected to such Outlook problems, you usually cannot access Outlook. The actual error message is “‘Msvcr80.dll’ cannot be found “. This error message pops up even when the ‘Msvcr80.dll’ file exists on the hard drive. This file can be usually found at the location “C:\Windows\System32”. Before resolving such Outlook problems, we have to understand the cause of such problems.
Causes for such Outlook problems
These Outlook problems are caused by the installed Outlook add-ins. No one is to be blamed for such installations. These are installed as part of other program packages. In most cases, these problems can be solved by disabling such add-ins.
Instructions for disabling Outlook add-ins
- To start off with the procedure, open Microsoft Outlook. Go to the “Tools” menu at the top of the window.
- From the menu, select “Trust Center”.
- From the left panel on the “Trust Center” window, select the “Add-ins” option. Now, a list of Outlook add-ins that was installed on your system appears.
- Now all you have to do is, click once on the add-ins to disable them. Click on the “Go” button.
- You will find check boxes next to the add-in options, click on them and hit the “Remove” button.
In most cases you will not be able to pin point the problem causing add-in. To resolve such Outlook problems, disable all of the add-ins and enable them one by one. Run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics. Open Outlook and close it again after enabling an add-in. Repeat the procedure until Outlook doesn’t open. Disable this particular add-in and enable the rest. This should resolve such Outlook problems.
If this doesn’t solve your problem, it may be required that you remove all the add-ins completely from the registry. If this is required, contact an online technical support team to resolve these Outlook problems.