Outlook is one of the best email programs in the world. This email program helps you to add your email accounts and thus, helps you to manage the accounts with ease. Once you configure the Outlook setting, you can start managing the emails in a better way.
Now, sometimes, you will receive emails that have attachments in them. These attachments can be a picture, video or any documents. Now, when you click on the attachment, the program downloads it to the Downloads folder present under the folder My Documents. Now, the My Documents folder is present in the C: drive of the computer and it may not always be easy to navigate to this location.
If you can change the default location where the file is downloaded, it becomes easier for you to access the files. In this post, we will help you to change the default email location in the program, so that you can start accessing the downloaded files with ease.
- Open the Start menu in the program by pressing the Windows logo key and click the option Run.
- The above step will open the small window for Run.
- In the field for Run window, type regedit and click the button OK.
- The above step will open the window for Windows Registry.
- In the windows registry, select the option HKEY_CURRENT_USER from the left pane.
- As the next step, expand the option Software and then Microsoft.
- Choose the option Office and then select 12.0.
- Select the option Outlook and then select Options.
- Click the option Edit from the drop down window. Place the move over the option New and then choose String Value from the new box that opens to the right of the first menu.
- Enter DefaultPath in the field and hit the Enter key. This will save the changes made to the program.
- Go to the desktop and select the folder, where you wish to save the downloaded attachments. Choose the drop down arrow in the address bar and you will be able to view the folder path.
- Copy this text and paste it in the folder’s path of the registry key.
- Select the button OK.
- Restart the PC.
With the above steps, all the files downloaded from Outlook program will now be saved in the new folder set. If you have any doubts regarding the above steps or about Outlook setting, you may contact the Outlook help center or our technical support team.