A feature that is included with Microsoft Exchange server 5.0 and later, called Outlook Web Access allows users to access and check their emails, review calendar, address book etc through a web browser interface. Outlook Web Access is also called Outlook Web App and is a webmail service. Microsoft provides this App to allow users connect via web remotely as a part of Exchange server.
Sometimes, with Internet Explorer when you try to connect to Outlook Web Access, you will receive error messages. These error messages are encountered particularly when you try to send or receive ne email messages. This issue arises because of a problem with Internet Explorer’s encryption settings. This can be repaired within the Outlook Web access says the Outlook tech support team.
Outlook tech support instructions to troubleshoot Microsoft Internet Explorer’s Outlook Web Access
- Log on to your computer.
- Open your Internet Explorer application.
- Type the URL of the Outlook Web Access server and hit Enter or go, to go to that website. In the Outlook Web Access page, log into the account using your Exchange username and password. In the Username column, type in your username and in the Password column, type the password and click on “login”.
- On the left side of the window, Click on the “Options” tab.
- Under the “Email Security” section, Click on the “Upgrade the S/MIME Control” button.
- When the new encryption control finishes downloading, choose the “Run” option.
- At the top of the Internet Explorer window select the alert bar and click on “Run ActiveX Control.”
- Restart your Internet Explorer and log into Outlook Web Access again.
These Outlook tech support instructions will help you resolve the problems when you try connecting to the Outlook Web Access with Internet Explorer to send and receive new messages. In case you encounter any further issues, you can contact the Outlook support at any point in your troubleshooting. These steps will probably allow you to get back to sending and receiving email messages normally in your computer. You can then start sending emails as you wish from your Outlook Web Access and also you can retrieve your new email messages without any problems.