Microsoft Office is a package of software applications including the email client program Outlook. Outlook not only allows you to send and receive emails but also lets you import and export mailbox data for the purpose of sharing.
However, Outlook, like any other software program, is not free from problems. It can, at times, give you a real head ache.
“Cannot start the import/export engine” is one of the common errors that you might encounter while using Outlook. If incase you are one among many who are facing this problems, you will be glad to know that this error can be resolved by simply running the Office Repair Utility which is included in your MS Office package. In this article you can find instructions for doing the same.
Outlook tech support instructions
For resolving your problems with Import/Export engine, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Start off with this procedure by closing any other Office applications that are open.
- Insert Microsoft Office installation disc into the CD/DVD driver of your computer. If incase you happen to receive any pop-ups at this time, just ignore it.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the Windows “Start” button.
- Select the option which says “Control Panel” from the start menu.
- Make sure that your control panel is in classic view; if it’s not, simply click on the link which says “Switch to classic view” located on the left side of your control panel window.
- Now double click on the option which says “Add or Remove Programs”. This will give you a list of all the programs that are currently installed on your computer.
- Locate and click on the option “Microsoft Office”.
- Hit the button labeled “Change/Repair” situated at the top of the “Add or Remove programs” window.
- Complete the repairing process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Hit the “Finish” button when prompted to do so.
- Finally, end this procedure by restarting your computer. The next time when you open Microsoft Outlook, you won’t be getting any messages.
That’s all with the instructions for resolving problems with Import/Export engine. Thanks for your time and have a good day!