Suppose you have purchased a broadband service from the Internet service providers like BellSouth. You will be provided with an email account every BellSouth broadband connection. If you are a regular Outlook user, you may in need of configuring your BellSouth email in Microsoft Outlook program. This article provides you with necessary guidelines to do so. Go through it.
Outlook Support Instructions
In order to Set Up Outlook for BellSouth Email, you need to follow the Outlook support instructions as given below:
- First you must open the Microsoft Outlook program. For that, click on the “Start” button provided at the bottom left side of your desktop. From the resulting menu options, you must click the one which is given as “All Programs”. A list of programs will be displayed on the screen. From this list, you must click the one which is labeled as “Microsoft Office” and click “Microsoft Outlook” program.
- A new Outlook window will be displayed on the screen. In the window, you must click the menu which is labeled as “Tools” and select the “Account Settings” option.
- Now click the tab labeled as “Email” and select “New” option.
- From the resulting “Add New E-mail Account” dialog box, you must select either “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP” and press the “Next” button.
- You must select the checkbox given as “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and press the “Next” button.
- Now select the “Internet Email” radio button and select the button labeled as “Next”.
- Under the “User Information” section, type your name and BellSouth email address.
- Under the “Server Information” section, you must select “POP3” as your account type and then type “mail.bellsouth.net” in both the “Incoming Mail Server (POP3)” and “Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)” boxes.
- You must enter your complete BellSouth email address and password in the “Username” and “Password” fields and check the box next to “Remember Password” box.
- Now select “More Settings” button and select the tab labeled as “Outgoing” from the More Settings window.
- Select the checkbox which is labeled as “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Select the radio button labeled as “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” and press the “OK” button.
- Click “Next” button.
- Finally put an end this Outlook support instruction by hitting the “Finish” button.
These are the simple guidelines to follow. If you experience any confusion in following these instructions, feel free to contact Outlook support team.