The personal information manager that is launched by Microsoft is termed Microsoft outlook. It is available independently as well as part of the Microsoft Office suite. As soon as you install the Microsoft Outlook application on your PC and configure it using an email account, you will find that the program creates an OST file on your hard drive. This is found to store the contents of your inbox. You will find that the contents of your Microsoft Outlook inbox are stored in a .pst file. In some cases, it is stored in an Offline Folder File. It is possible that your .ost file could get corrupted. This shall keep you from getting messages in your Outlook inbox. In case the size of your inbox becomes too large, you will see an error about your OST file getting corrupted. As soon as this happens, you are advised to make use of the Inbox Repair Utility. This will repair the Inbox and Outlook will soon begin working again. The instructions given below, which have been devised by the Outlook repair team, are given below.
Instructions to Repair at Inbox in Outlook
- Start off with these instructions by closing the Microsoft Outlook program in case it is currently running.
- Following which, you have to open the Start menu. Click on the “My Computer” icon.
- It is then required that you navigate to the C:\Programs Files\Common Files\System Mapi\1033folder.
- You need to double-click on the icon which is labeled “scanpst.exe” in order to launch the Inbox Repair Utility.
- Press “OK” in order to confirm your decision whether to run the Inbox Repair utility.
- Select the “Scan all folders” radio button. Ensure that the “repair error” box is checked.
- Finally, press the “Begin Scan” button which is at the bottom of the window. You will find that this utility scans your inbox and is able to repair the parts which are corrupted.
That brings us to the end of the instructions to be followed in order to repair an inbox in Outlook. Feel free to contact the Outlook repair center if you need further technical support.
I hope this article has been of assistance to you. Thank you for your time.