The following 5 guidelines described here will probably help you resolve most Outlook problems.
Resolve the Outlook problems
- Firstly, diagnose the nature of the issues. Check if Outlook was functioning properly before. If it worked fine earlier, but not now, then the issue might be probably because of any recent change that you made to your system. Mostly, among many other reasons that users may suspect as causing trouble, they usually forget that they had installed a toolbar or add-in/ plug-in, downloaded a song, new software, latest updates, or updated drivers. Also, if you modified or reconfigured your Outlook settings, it might have rendered Outlook non-functional. Compensate for any such changes made recently and undo them. If you need to install a particular software, ensure that you have updated your Windows OS so as to avoid facing any issues with anonymous tools like Outlook.
- Most of the time, users don’t isolate the problem, even if the issue is due to Outlook or any other application; so your first step should be to isolate the problem. At times, Outlook may not function properly due to congested or inactive internet connection. Here, internet seems to be the villain and not Outlook. Similarly any other technical glitch can occur like this and not just internet issues.
- Ensure that the internet connection is active. Mostly, the inability to send or receive emails may be due to temporary internet issues. This may be due to any temporary congestion or glitch in your ISP’s network or any temporary send or receive issue in Outlook. If you have any queries on your internet connection, contact your ISP.
- Recheck the settings in Outlook and make sure that everything is configured properly. If you changed your Outlook password recently, on account of which you are facing the login error, ensure that the new password is working fine in the webmail account. Webmail account is that what you access via your internet browser. For instance, when you have Yahoo mail account and need access to it, you can go to the Yahoo website, log in and check. Enter the password very carefully without making any typing mistake or letter case mistake.
- Diagnose the issue and launch troubleshooting tools. Read the error messages properly and find a solution accordingly. You may seek help from the Google search engine or the Outlook’s help menu to search for the error message.
So that’s how you deal with the Outlook issues. Ciao!