MAPI (Messaging Application Program Interface) 1.0 is a very useful tool present in the Microsoft Windows operating system, which allows the users to send emails from within an application. With the help of MAPI interface, you can send emails from Microsoft Office applications like the Microsoft Outlook. However, if the MAPI program interface is to get corrupted, then your system will display error messages concerned with the MAPI program interface. Once the program gets corrupted, you will no longer be able to send emails from Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Outlook.
In such a scenario, you will be required to do some Outlook repair by yourself in which case you can avail the services of a utility that was already installed on your system. This utility will fix the MAPI interface by replacing the core file named as “fixmapi.exe”. Here are some instructions to guide you through this Outlook repair process.
Instructions to repair corrupted MAPI interface
• Click on the “Start” button, which is located at the lower left corner of your screen.
• Type in “Mapi32.dll” in to the search field in the Start Menu.
• Now, you can view the file name “Mapi32.dll”, right-click on this file name and then select the option “Rename” from the drop-down menu.
• Type in “Mapi32.old” as the file name and then hit Enter key.
• Again, click on the “Start” button and then type in “fixmapi.exe” into the search dialog box in the Start Menu and press the Enter key to run the file.
• You cannot view any of the processes that are happening at this moment on the screen. The “fixmapi.exe” program will create a new “Mapi32.dll” file in the background.
• A program window will now appear on the screen, follow the on-screen instructions to fix or create the MAPI core file.
• Restart your system and then wait for some time for the operating system to load into the system.
• Open your email client and then click on the “Send Mail” or “Send/Receive Mail” icon. If the sending of emails from the email client’s outbox is successful, then you can rest assured that, the MAPI core files have been fixed and the MAPI error has been resolved.
Follow these instructions to successfully fix the errors caused due to the corruption of MAPI program interface.