Outlook is an incredible email client where users can configure their multiple email accounts under one roof. It then requires of them to do a single login to Outlook to access emails from all their accounts, that is, there is no need for logging into separate email accounts to access mails in those. You can configure the Outlook email setup to include any email account in it.
Embarq was a well known internet service provider and telephone service provider that gave free email ids to its customers at its website until its purchase was made. In an effort to support former Embarq customers who were affected by the merger, the new owner of Embarq, Century Link, provides email access through their website. Although, by navigating to the Century Link website, you can access your email using a web browser, you might rather prefer to store your messages on your own computer. For this you can configure your Outlook email setup to include Embarq email account in it.
Outlook email setup instructions to configure Embarq mail
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. From the upper-left corner of the window, click the “File” tab and then under “Account Information“, click the “Add Account” button.
- Select the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” radio button, then click “Next.”
- Click the “Internet E-mail” radio button, and then click “Next.”
- In the “Your Name” field, type the name that you would like your outgoing messages to display.
- In the “E-mail Address” field, type your full email address ending in “@embarqmail.com“.
- In the “Incoming mail server” field, type “pop.embarqmail.com“.
- In the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” field, type “smtp.embarqmail.com“.
- In the “User name” field, type your full email address.
- In the “Password” field, type your Embarq mail password.
- To avoid being prompted for your password each time Outlook 2010 checks for new messages, you can check the Remember Password check box.
- Click “Next,” then to begin using your Embarq mail account in Outlook 2010, click “Finish“.
You may restart your Outlook application to see Embarq emails in your account. You can then access, create, reply or view Embarq emails from your Outlook account.
That’s it! Thank you for your time and have a great day!Google+