Outlook stores all your incoming messages in a file called the PST file. If this file has become corrupted, you won’t be able to access the downloaded email messages. Thanks to Outlook repair tool that you can easily repair and recover the corrupted email messages. This article contains instructions for doing the same.
Outlook tech support
In order to retrieve messages from a corrupt data file, all you have to do is to follow the instructions given below.
Using Outlook repair tool
- First, close your Outlook application, and then click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Select “My Computer” from the Start menu, click on “Tools” > “Folder options”.
- Go to the tab titled “View”. Mark the check box which says “Show hidden files and folder” located under the heading “Hidden files and folders”.
- Hit the “Apply” button and then the “Ok” button.
- Now, once again click on the Windows “Start” button. Enter “Scanpst.exe” in the Start menu search box and press the Enter key. This will open up the Outlook repair utility.
- Hit the “Browse” button and locate the file titled “outlook.pst”.
- Once you have located the file, click on the “Start” button. The repair utility will now start repairing the PST file. Hit the “Ok” button if prompted to do so.
- After that, make the hidden files invisible. To do this, open the “My Computer” folder, click on “Tools” from the main menu, select “Folder options”, go to the “View” tab, and mark the check box which says “Don’t Show hidden files and
- Finally click on “Apply” and then “Ok”.
How to recover the repaired emails
- Start off by launching your Outlook 2007 application.
- Click on “View” from the main menu.
- Select the option “Folder list” for displaying the list of recovered folders within Outlook 2007.
- Continue by clicking on “File” and then “Data File Management”.
- Hit the “Add” button and click on “Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)” located under the heading “Types of storing”. Hit the “Ok” button.
- Type in your new PST file in the “File name” box. Hit the “Ok” button for saving the new PST file.
- Close the dialog box by clicking on “Ok”. Now you will be able to see the new PST file in the Outlook 2007’s folder list.
That’s all with the instructions for repairing and recovering your emails in Outlook 2007. Thanks for reading!