Outlook settings present a user with plenty of customization options. Using Outlook settings, a user can configure Outlook according to his requirements. The most attractive of these is the email display Outlook settings feature. This Outlook setting will determine how Outlook displays your emails. It also lets you to enable filters for your incoming emails. For example, Outlook presents you emails in the order it arrives (which is the default Outlook settings), but if you’d like to see all your unread mails, you can do this by applying the built-in filter which will show you the unread emails first. This way, you won’t miss out on any of your emails.
- First, you have to open your Microsoft Outlook and then select “Mail” which is situated in the left-hand navigation pane.
- Select the ‘View’ menu, which you can see on the top of the screen. From there, click the “Current View” option.
- Check which type of view which you are currently using. The type of view which you are currently using is your default Outlook settings view. So take a note of it because once you are done with the filter you will have to go back to the default view.
- From the current view pop-out menu select unread messages. Once you select this option, it will filter all your unread emails and show it first. You will not be able to view the messages marked in red.
- Once you are finished with reading all your unread mails, go to your default Outlook settings view. After this, select the ‘Current View’ from the ‘View’ menu and select the default Outlook setting option you have noted earlier.
There are lots of other Outlook settings which you can use to customize your Outlook even better.Google+