Using Outlook, you can send and receive e-mail messages and share other information from your office, home, and even when you’re on the road. At the office, you typically connect to a server on a local network. At home or on the road, you can manage your e-mail messages and other items on your work computer easily using Outlook settings and a wired/wireless Internet connection.
Using Outlook settings, you can set Qwest as your web-based email service. The procedure is easily completed with help from the Outlook email setup wizard. Once you change the preference in your Outlook settings, you will be able to check your Qwest email.
Outlook settings to sync Qwest
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your computer. Go to the “Tools” tab and hit “Account Settings,” which opens the email account box.
- Hit the “Email” tab at the top and select “New.” Hit the button next to “Internet Email” and hit “Next.”
- Click the box marked “Manually Configure Server Outlook Settings” and hit “Next.”
- Fill in the boxes labeled “Name” and “Email.” Enter your Qwest email address in this box.
- Choose “POP3” under “Account Type”
- Type in “pop3.live.com” under incoming mail.
- Type in “smtp.live.com” under outgoing mail.
- Type in your Qwest email and password in the appropriate boxes.
- Hit “More Settings” to further customize your Outlook settings.
10. Open the “Outgoing Server” tab
11. Make sure the box that says “your outgoing mail requires authentication” is checked off.
12. Hit “OK” to finish the process and save your Outlook settings.
13. Hit “Next” when it says “Add New Email Account”
14. Then select “Finish” to end the process.
In order to use this feature, you will have to enable POP and forward options in your Outlook settings. If you don’t find POP settings in your Outlook settings, then contact a technician for further support.