You can configure your Outlook setting in a way that whenever you open Outlook, it will ask for you to choose a profile. To do this, all you need to do is change your Outlook setting by following the instructions given in this article.
Instructions to change your Outlook setting
Provided below are the instructions given by the Outlook support team to change your Outlook setting in a way that you will receive a prompt to choose a profile when every time you open your Outlook.
1. Commence this procedure to change Outlook setting by clicking on “Start” button.
2. Then select “Control panel” from the start menu.
3. From Control Panel, select “User Accounts” and then hit the “Mail” option. If your Control Panel is having a classic view, then double click on “Mail”. This “Mail” option will be there only if you have installed Outlook in your computer and used it at least once.
4. Now the “Mail Setup” dialogue box will open up.
5. Continue this procedure to change your Outlook setting by clicking on “Show Profiles” option.
6. Select “Prompt for a profile to be used” option which you can see under “When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile”.
7. Finally, end this procedure to change your Outlook setting by choosing the profile you want to use when your Outlook starts.
If you are having more than one profile, there will be a profile which you use regularly. You can also configure Outlook setting in a way that it automatically selects that profile which you use regularly. To do this follow the instructions mentioned below.
1. Select the profile you want to be selected automatically from the “Choose Profile” dialogue box in the “Profile Name” list.
2. Click on “Options” and mark the check box which says “Set as default profile” under “Options”.
Now that you have successfully changed the Outlook setting by following the above mentioned instructions, you will now be asked to choose a profile when you open your Outlook.