Outlook 2007 is an email client application that is included in Microsoft Office suite. It allows you to add your Gmail account and synchronize it with Outlook. In this article, you can find instructions to configure your Outlook setting for synchronizing with Gmail account.
Instructions for configuring your Gmail and Outlook setting
Follow the instructions mentioned below and you will be able to synchronize your Gmail IMAP with Outlook 2007.
Setting up IMAP on Gmail
- Start off by opening your Gmail account on any Internet browser.
- Click on the option labeled “Settings”.
- Go to the tab titled “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- Click on the radio button labeled “Enable IMAP” and hit the button titled “Save Changes”.
Configuring Gmail account on Outlook 2007
- First open your Outlook 2007.
- Click on the option labeled “Tools” from the main menu.
- Select the option “Accounts Settings” from the tools menu.
- Go to the tab titled “E-mail” and hit the “New” button.
- Click on the radio button which says “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP” and hit the “Next” button.
- Mark the check box labeled “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”.
- After that click on the “Internet E-Mail” radio button and hit the “Next” button.
- Type in your complete email address in the “Email address” and “User Name” fields.
- Select “IMAP” as your account type.
- Type “imap.gmail.com” in the “Incoming mail server” field.
- Type “smtp.gmail.com” in the “Outgoing mail server” field.
- Mark the check box which says “Remember password”.
- Mark the check box “Require logon using secure password authentication (SPA)”.
- Click on the option “More Settings”.
- Go to the tab titled “Outgoing Server”.
- Mark the check box which says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Click on the radio button labeled “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Go to the tab titled “Advanced”.
- Type 993 for “Incoming server (IMAP)” and 587 for “Outgoing server (SMTP)”.
- Select “TLS” for “Outgoing encrypted connection” and hit the “Ok” button.
- Finally hit the “Test Account settings” button to make sure that everything is ok.
That’s all with the instructions for configuring Gmail and Outlook setting for synchronization. Ciao!