None of us need be introduced to Outlook Express. As a free email client program from Microsoft since Internet Explorer v4, Outlook Express has come to be an indispensable program for most of us. However, in the long run, you might feel the need to rely on a better email client program such as MS Outlook, owing to its obviously better functionalities. Nevertheless, as users’ experiences point out, there are chances that you might encounter a few problems while converting and transferring your OE objects to Outlook. This post throws light on some of such issues and the remedies for resolving them.
Regular Backups and Data Recovery
As you might know well, Outlook Express DBX files can be converted to synchronise with specific format requirements of other email client apps such as MS Outlook, Windows Mail etc. However, it wouldn’t always be possible to transfer or convert data in an absolutely uncorrupted form. Hence, the apt solutions would be either to backup your data from time to time, or use a third party program for recovery.
DBX File Corruption
As mentioned above, some of the reasons why you may encounter issues while transferring your OE files is that your OE data may be corrupted or too large in size. In such instances relying on the Import & Export wizard of your email client program may not suffice to resolve your problems. As the Outlook Express help crew says, you would receive error messages when the size of your DBX files exceed the maximum limit of 2 GB. The following tips would help you circumvent such issues:
- Try copying the emails you wish to move to new DBX files.
- In cases where the DBX files appear inaccessible, you may delete or rename the same completely, and rely on backup data if available.
- Make use of credible and efficient third party apps for converting the format of your Outlook Express data to that of MS Outlook.
Tips for Hassle-free Conversion
- Rely on credible third-party apps such as DBX Converter for converting your OE data to PST, MSG, EML, and RTF formats.
- The said program would also enable you to convert your DBX files completely to the PST format, and moreover help you resolve most of the issues with your apps such as Split PST, Excel, SharePoint etc.
The above account would surely prove helpful in resolving the Outlook Express errors encountered while converting your OE data to Outlook. For any further assistance, do get in touch with Outlook Express help.