Outlook helps you to configure your internet emails in it and download the emails from the internet server. You can configure the Outlook setting for any of your internet emails and start downloading the emails. In this article, we will find out how to carry out this Outlook setup.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook program on your computer and once the program opens, select the option Tools. Next, choose Account Settings from the options.
- Select the tab E-mail and choose New, which you will find right below the tab.
- The above step opens the window for Add New E-mail Account. Choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next.
- In the next window, put a checkmark in the box next to the option Manually configure server settings or additional server types and select Next.
- The next window helps you to configure the Internet E-mail Settings. Fill information in the various fields of this window. The various fields include Your Name, E-mail Address, Password for your email address etc.
- You also need to enter Server Information like Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. If you are not sure about this information, you may acquire it from your E-mail service provider.
- Select the option POP3 from the drop down box as your Account Type.
- Once you finish entering the Outlook setting, click the tab Test Account Settings. This will test the settings entered by you and will send an email to your newly created account. If you receive this email in your account, you can confirm that the settings configured by you are correct.
- If you do not receive the email or receive error messages, click the tab More Settings.
- In the window for More Settings, select the tab Advanced.
- Put checkmark near the option This server requires an encrypted connection.
- You may also change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) to 465 from 25. From the drop down box next to the option Use the following type of encrypted connection, choose SSL.
- In addition to this, enable the option Leave a copy of messages on the server. This will help you to view your emails in your internet email even if they are deleted from your Outlook program.
With the above mentioned steps, you can setup your internet email account in Outlook. If you have any queries regarding this Outlook configuration, you may contact our technical support department for assistance.