With its growing popularity, Outlook Express has a significant role to play in a computer user’s life. But, I wouldn’t be fully wrong to say that a majority of the users today are unaware of the various errors associated with Outlook Express and the ways to fix them. So, in this post, we will have a detailed overview of few of the common Outlook Express errors and their troubleshooting methods.
- 1. Outlook 0x800CCC0D Error
This is a typical type of error which means that your Outlook Express is not able to find the host or it is not able to locate the server. For troubleshooting this error, you will need to follow the steps given.
- Click on “Tools” followed by “Options” and “General Tab”. You’ll have to un-tick this option.
- See whether your SMTP is correct or not.
- You should ensure that your network is working correctly. Apart from that, you should also check the DNS numbers and also remove and reinstall the TCP/IP under the Networks in Control Panel.
- 2. Outlook 0x800ccc78 Error
This error message means that the e-mail address in the ‘Reply To’ field of your Outlook Express is incorrect. You can easily fix this error type by typing out the certain email address.
- 3. Outlook 0x800CCC0E error
This Outlook error crops up when the Network Environment fails to find the Server IP. For fixing this error, you need to: -
- Open the Start menu and then go to Run. Then, in the text-box, type in “cmd”–”ping e-mail address -t”.
- In addition, you’ll also need to check the security level of Firewall, Email Inspector or anti-virus programs. The email transmission process would be corrupted if the security level is too high. In those cases, I would suggest you to close those programs temporarily.
- 4. Outlook 0x800C0133 error
This error is due to the presence of too many emails in a specific folder. You can fix this error by the following steps.
- You need to delete some of your emails.
- You need to defragment your folder, that is, you need to move some of your emails from your largest folder to a newly created folder.
- 5. Fix Outlook 0x800CCC18 error
This error message means that your logon attempt is failed. You can do the following to fix this error.
- You need to ensure that your account isn’t case sensitive. Now, try rebooting your system.
- It is also important to make sure that your account is still active with the ISP and it doesn’t have an email Outlook.
So, that was some information about the common Outlook Express errors. Hope it was useful for you. Good day!