You can configure your Outlook 2007 to work seamlessly with Google’s mail (Gmail).It can be done in two simple process with the Outlook Help guide. First you apply settings in your Gmail account for the functionality of POP3 and IMAP. The second process is configuring Outlook to send and receive your mails through Google servers. The complete process will take a span of just 5 minutes. You have the Outlook Help to make it easier. Outlook Help makes everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Stage I: Configuring Your Gmail Account for Outlook 2007 with Outlook Help
- First you need to login to your Gmail account normally with your web browser .(Through Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox or whatever)
- Go to ‘Mail Settings’ of your account.
- In Settings, Go to ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’.
- Locate ‘IMAP Access’ Section and click on ‘Enable IMAP’ radio button.
- Don’t forget to click ‘Save Changes’ when you’re done.
Stage II : Configuring Outlook 2007 for Gmail Access with Outlook Help
With Outlook Help you can configure your Outlook 2007 for Gmail Access easily.
- Start of this Outlook help tutorial by launching Outlook 2007. In the main toolbar Click on “Tools”. Select ‘Account Settings’ from the drop down menu.
- In the Account Settings dialogue box the ‘Email’ tab is selected by default. Without making any changes here click ‘New’.
- You will get a dialogue box with the command ‘Add New Email Account’. In the form provided enter your display name, email address (including ‘@gmail.com’), and password
- Select ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and then you click ‘Next’.
- A dialogue box will appear and will ask you to ‘Choose Email Service’ Here select ‘Internet Email’ and click ’Next’. Now you are in the ‘Internet Email Settings’ Page. In the ‘Server information’ type IMAP in the ‘Account’ type.
- The next step of this Outlook Help tutorial is type “imap.gmail.com” in the “Incoming Mail Server” box. And In the “Outgoing Mail Server” box type “smtp.gmail.com“.
- Enter your username (including ‘@gmail.com’), and password and click the checkbox for ‘Remember password’.
- Go to ‘More Settings’ and click on ‘Advanced’ options‘. Change the “Incoming server (IMAP)” to “993” and select “SSL” from the drop-down menu. Set “Outgoing server (SMTP)” to “587” and select “TSL” from the drop-down menu.
- The final step of this outlook help tutorial is to enable ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’. Leave the radio button on for “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.” Click “OK.” On the “Internet E-mail Settings” dialog box, click “Next,” then “Finish.“
Outlook Help makes working Gmail Outlook Settings much simpler. For further clarification you can always rely on outlook Help or you can contact the Outlook help & Support team.