You can stay organized with the numerous features included in the Outlook 2007 email application and it also helps you to send and receive emails through your email accounts. Emails, Notes, Calendars, journals, task manager, address book, all these are included in Outlook 2007. Moreover, you can configure your Outlook settings to include as many email accounts you have under this application, so that you can forget the pain of logging into each of your email accounts and have a single entry point through Outlook email client.
Users can compose, read and send messages through the Outlook email client with almost any of their email clients including their Yahoo! Mail Account. However, Yahoo! has undergone certain recent changes by which it allows only customers of Premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service to access mail through Outlook 2007.
Instructions to configure Outlook settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007 and go to the “Tools” option. You can see this button at the top of the screen in the menu bar. From the drop-down menu, select “Account Settings“.
- Below the Email tab, click on the option “New“. In the Add New Email Account box, click “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP“.
- Place a check mark on the box “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click “Next.”
- Select “Internet Email” and then click “Next.”
- Provide your account details like, your name, email address, password and click “Next.”
- From the drop-down menu, select “POP3“and into the Incoming Mail Server field, type “pop.mail.yahoo.com“.
- Into the Outgoing Mail Server field, type “smtp.mail.yahoo.com“.
- Provide your Yahoo! Credentials like username and password. Place a check mark on the “Remember password” box. By this you can avoid the logging in process each time you want to access the mails and straightaway login to access your emails.
- Select the option labeled “More Settings.” And click on the tab labeled “Outgoing Server”. Check the box that says “My Outgoing Server requires SMTP Authentication.”
- Click “OK.” Select “Next” and then click “Finish.”
So that’s how you configure your Outlook settings to include Yahoo! Mail account in Outlook 2007 application. In case of doubts, you may check with the Outlook tech support team!