Getting notifications upon receiving mails is a very useful feature offered in Outlook. While this comes in handy to people who receive important emails at work, others might find it annoying, especially when most of the mails they receive are junk or spam. It is possible for you to change your Outlook setting to such a way as to not receive any notifications in case you feel it to be a nuisance. Here is how to change your Outlook setting and turn off notifications on your Outlook.
Instructions to change your Outlook settings for stopping notifications
The following guidelines will take you through the various steps involved in configuring your Outlook setting so as to stop getting notifications with each mail.
- You can start off by opening your Outlook and selecting “Options” from the “Tools” menu.
- Click “Email Options” and then click on “Advanced Email Options”. This will open the Outlook setting window for notifications.
- Uncheck the box next to “Play a sound” under the “when new items arrive in my inbox” section.
- Upon receiving an email, the cursor will briefly turn into an envelope. You can turn that off by unchecking the “Briefly change the mouse cursor” option.
- To turn off the “New Mail Desktop Alert”, uncheck “Display a new mail desktop alert”.
- You can also uncheck “Show an envelope icon in the notification area” to prevent the envelope icon appearing in the notification area upon receiving a new mail.
- Then click “OK” to save the changes you made to your Outlook setting and your help procedure is complete.
Now that your Outlook setting has been configured so as to block all notifications on receiving mails, you should be able to work on your mails without any hindrance. If you need any further help with the above mentioned procedure for changing your Outlook setting, you can refer Outlook help and get all the assistance you need.