Read Receipt Requests is one among the most useful features in Outlook. This facility enables you to let the senders know when you open their respective messages. I guess most users just decline Outlook’s requests to return read receipts when they think it is best to not let the senders know when you open their emails. But at times it may lead you to wonder whether Outlook answers on its own, especially if you don’t get such requests.
Fortunately, it is possible for you to configure your Outlook setting and control the way your Outlook reacts to read receipts requests in emails. You can set your Outlook setting so as to have it reply automatically, ask you what to do, or simply just ignore them.
Configure your Outlook setting to ignore all Read Receipt Requests
In case you wish to prevent Outlook from answering read receipt requests, you can follow the below mentioned help lines to change your Outlook setting and have this issue fixed instantly.
- You can start off this procedure to change your Outlook setting for Read Receipts by launching your Outlook and selecting “Options” from the “Tools” menu.
- Then go to the “Preferences” tab.
- Click on “Email Options”. This will open the Outlook setting window for your various email options.
- Then click “Tracking Options”.
- Make sure “Never send a response” has been selected under “Use this option” to decide how to respond to requests for Read Receipts.
- Click “OK” to save your newly configured Outlook Setting.
So there you have it, your Outlook setting configured to prevent answering read receipts. One thing that you should keep in mind is that the server will always respond to receipt requests if configured to do so, in case you are using an Exchange server.