The Outlook program is the most versatile email program that has been released by the Microsoft house. It enables us to perform Outlook setting operations for configuring various email accounts. The TDS email account is one that is provided to all paying accountants with the Telephone & Data Systems Inc. the windows support team says that this email account can be configured in all email programs including Outlook, Windows Mail, Outlook Express and Apple Mail 3.0.
The question is what is the Outlook setting for configuring the email account? To learn more about the Outlook setting, all you have to do is follow the instructions by the support team.
Let’s get straight into the procedure for optimizing your Outlook setting.
1. To start off with the procedure for optimizing the Outlook setting, go to the “Start” button and open the Outlook program from the “Microsoft office” option in the “Programs” list.
2. From the Outlook program window, navigate to the “Tools” option at the top of the Outlook screen. Select the “Account settings” option from the drop down menu and navigate to the “Email” tab. Now, select the “New” option.
3. To continue with the procedure for configuring the Outlook setting, click on the “Internet Email Service” and hit the “Next” option. In the appropriate fields, enter the required information. The support team says that you will have to change the “Account type” to “POP3”. Type in pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com in the “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server” respectively.
4. Now select the option “More Settings” and open the “Outgoing Server” option. Select the option “My Outgoing Server SMTP Requires Authentication”.
5. To complete the procedure for modifying the Outlook setting, all you have to do is change the port number to 587 and follow the instructions on screen.
That should be all the help you will need in configuring the TDS email account in Outlook. If you are running Windows XP, the windows support team recommends to get all the support you can from Microsoft before its gone!Google+