Outlook is an email management program developed by Microsoft. While using this program, you might encounter some error messages. One of such commonly encountered error message is Error: 421, this means that your Internet Mail Service has reached the maximum number of inbound connections that is capable of accepting at once. You can remove this error by increasing the maximum number of inbound connections accepted until you stop getting this error message.
Another commonly encountered error messages is the Error 0x800ccc90 or Error 0x800ccc18. This error will take place when your Outlook application is facing trouble in authenticating your password. You can fix this error by accessing the “Log on using” option and selecting the “Clear Text” option in Outlook. In this article you can find step by step instructions for doing the same.
Outlook repair instructions
To delete and fix error messages in Outlook, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
Instructions for deleting the 421 error
- Start off with this procedure by launching the Exchange Server Administrator program. To do this, click on the Windows “Start” button, click on the option which says “Programs” from the start menu, and select the option “Microsoft Exchange” from the list of programs.
- Select the option which says “Connections” located in the left pane of the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator window.
- Continue with this procedure by double clicking on the option “Internet Mail Service” situated in the right pane.
- Go to the tab titled “Connections”.
- Choose the option which says “Advanced”.
- Assign the number under “Max No. of inbound connections” higher till the error is resolved.
Instructions for deleting Errors 0x800ccc90 and 0x800ccc18
- First, open your Outlook application. To do this click on “Start” button > select “Programs” > click on “Microsoft office” > select “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Click on “Tools” from your Outlook’s main menu.
- Select the option which says “Accounts” from the tools menu.
- Now click on your email account.
- Select the option which says “Log on using”.
- Click on “Servers”.
- Finally end this procedure by selecting “Clear Text”.
That’s all with the instructions for deleting and repairing error messages in Microsoft Outlook. Have a good day!