Most of us could hardly manage our correspondences and work schedules without Microsoft Outlook. Apart from enabling us to handle our multiple email accounts, Outlook provides a couple of utilities such as a Calendar and an Appointments Manager, that make our digital activities quite convenient. And Outlook 2007, which happens to be one of the most successful upgrades of the program, offers an all the more efficient email client platform, thanks to its enhanced ability for organizing virtual folders and fast searches.
However, owing to some reason or the other, it’s likely that you might find it difficult to launch Outlook in the long run. In this post, we give you a comprehensive account on how to resolve such Outlook problems.
Running the Diagnostics Tool
Running the in-built diagnostics tool would prove quite helpful in discerning and rectifying common issues with your Outlook 2007 program. The following steps are in order for the same:
- Navigate to the “Start” menu and choose “Run“. Type “outlook.exe/safe” (without quotes) and hit “Enter“.
- If the program opens without any issues, go to the “Help” menu and select the option that reads “Office Diagnostics“, followed by “Run Diagnostics“.
Once the diagnosis is done, try to restart Outlook in the normal mode.
Deleting Unnecessary Add-Ins
In most cases, unnecessary add-in programs could be the reason why you’re faced with the issue in question. As such, there’s a strong case that you remove any external add-ins from your Outlook 2007 program.
- Navigate to the “Start” menu and select “Run“. Type “outlook.exe/a” (without quotes) and hit “Enter“.
- If Outlook opens, click on the “Tools” menu and choose “Trust Center”, followed by “Add-Ins”.
- Go to the field that reads “Manage” and choose the “add-in type“. Choose “Go” in the “Com Add-Ins” box, and remove any add-ins not pertaining to Microsoft or Outlook.
- Click on “OK”, and restart the program in the normal mode.
Resolving via MS Office Installation Disc
As the Microsoft help crew says, most of the issues with your MS Office programs can be resolved by means of the MS Office installation disc. Once the setup screen comes up, all you need to do is choose the Repair option, and perform the on-screen instructions.
The above account would surely prove helpful in resolving any issues with your Outlook 2007 program. In the unlikely event that any Outlook problems persist, do get in touch with Outlook tech support.