Outlook Express is an email client application developed by Microsoft. It comes bundled with Windows operating systems and allows users to manage all of their email accounts in a single user interface. Other than that, it allows lets you to schedule your calendar and manage your contacts. It’s an easy to use program with no complexity whatsoever. If you are one of many Outlook Express users, you need to make sure to shut down the program properly after use. If you failed to do this, it will take server minutes to open the next time you launch it with a message saying “Outlook personal folder is checking for problems”. This article contains instructions for closing your Outlook Express completely.
Tech support instructions
Follow the instructions mentioned below and you will be able avoid Outlook Express errors with improper shutdown.
- First of all you need to click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Select the option which says “All Programs” or “Programs” from the start menu.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the option which says “Outlook Express” from the list of installed programs.
- Click on the option which says “File” from the main menu Outlook Express.
- Select the option “Exit” from the file menu. Always remember not to shut down your computer immediately after this since Outlook Express needs a few seconds for shutting down vital processes.
- Make sure that your Outlook Express has been completely closed. To do this, you need to open the task manager window by pressing “Ctrl+Alt+Delete”. Another method for bringing up the task manager window is: click on “Start” button, select the option “Run” from the start menu, type “tskmgr” without quotations in the run text box, and hit the “Ok” button.
- Now go to the tab titled “Processes”. See if “outlook.exe” is in the list of processes. If it is not there, then your Outlook Express has been properly closed, but if you can see it, just click on it and hit the “End Process” button. It’s now safe to shut down your system. If you shut down your system before completely closing Outlook Express, you will be encountering errors when you restart it.
That’s all with the instructions for closing your Outlook Express in an appropriate manner. Thanks for reading!