Microsoft Outlook, being one of the prominent email service providers, comes with many efficient features and functionalities. According to the Outlook support team, with these features, you can easily move your Outlook address book, emails and settings from one computer to another. For this, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Start out by clicking on the Windows “Start” button that is on the left-hand side bottom corner of your computer screen. After that, click on the option labeled “Control Panel” from the windowpane in the right.
- Now, you need to select the option named “User Accounts” followed by “Mail” from the list of options. After that, you need to select “Show Profiles” and “Properties” from the subsequent windows that appear.
- Then, you need to click on the “Personal Folders” option under “Data Files.” Please note that the name for the Outlook file system will be Personal Folders by default. In some cases, this may be different and you need to choose the folder name that you have used while configuring your Outlook account.
- Next up, you need to click on the “Open Folder” option. This will open a new Windows Explorer window that displays your Outlook backup folder.
- Once you do that, you need to right-click on the file labeled as “Outlook.pst” followed by pressing the “Copy”button from the subsequent menu.
- Following which you need to insert a USB flash drive into any port that is available on your computer. After that, you will have to select the “Open Folder to View Files” option under the “AutoPlay” option. Then you need to right-click on the folder followed by “Paste” for copying the .pst file onto the flash drive. Now remove the flash drive from your computer.
- Now, you need to insert the flash drive into the computer where you want the Outlook settings transferred. After that, you need to open up the Microsoft Outlook program and then select the option named as “File,” followed by “Import and Export.”
- Then, you need to click on “Import from another Program or file,” “Next,” “Personal Folder File” and then “Next.”
- Finally, select the .pst file that you want to import from your USB flash drive and follow the prompts. You need to select the folder that you want to import. Click on the “Finish” button to end the procedure.
Follow this information for transferring Outlook address book and other settings from one computer to another. For further assistance on this, please contact the Outlook support team.