It is a known fact about Microsoft Outlook that users can perform all their tasks like emails, calendars, and contacts and so on with much ease. With the help of the steps given below, you can setup your Yahoo account and use it in Microsoft Outlook all by yourself without the help from Yahoo tech support or Microsoft tech support.
There are some things that you should know about Microsoft Outlook to use your Yahoo account in it. For a free account, Yahoo does not support the POP3 server. You will need to download the latest version of YPOPs, which is YPOPs 0.9.7.1. The purpose is that it acts as POP, IMAP etc interface between Yahoo and Outlook.
- Click on the tab titled Tools when you open Outlook and from the list, select the option Account Settings.
- Choose the option Email tab and the Next button has to be clicked.
- Make sure that Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP is chosen in the Choose email services section.
- In the Auto account setup window, parameters like name, password and email address have to be entered. The password may have to be retyped and the check box next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types has to be clicked.
- Choose the option called Internet email. In the window, you will need to enter your email account details. ‘pop.mail.Yahoo.com’ is the incoming server name and ‘smtp.mail.Yahoo.com is the outgoing server name.
- Once completed, choose the button labeled More settings. The tab at the top titled Advanced has to be clicked and in the box next to the Incoming server (POP3), enter ‘995’ and a box displaying ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) has to be checked.
- In the box next to the Outgoing server (SMTP), enter ‘465’ and from the box next to the Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL.
- In the box next to the Leave a copy of messages on the server, put a checkmark. Now when you are offline also, you will be able to access your emails.
- Now the tab titled Outgoing server and the box next to the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication need to be checked and the box below Use same settings as my incoming mail server has to be selected.
- When you click on the OK button, you will be back to the Internet Settings window. The test account settings option has to be clicked if you want to test the settings.
- If a Success message is seen, you can click on the Close button. If a failure message appears, you will have to go back and verify all settings.
- When complete, the Next button on the Internet email settings window has to be clicked and then click on the Finish button to complete the setup.
For any further assistance, feel free to make use of our Outlook tech support feature.