Windows Outlook has, by far, become the best email program in the virtual world. Sending, receiving, reading and organizing emails from anywhere in the world has become a simple operation for millions of people around the world. But, if you aren’t a part of it because you aren’t familiar with the outlook email setup procedure for configuring your email accounts into it, then my friend, you are at the right place to learn it.
The Outlook email setup wizard enables you to configure any email account into your Outlook program. So how is the outlook email setup procedure done? Well, read on to find out.
Outlook email setup instructions for configuring your email accounts
- Open Microsoft Outlook to launch the Outlook email setup wizard. This can be done by either clicking on the desktop icon or by clicking on the list of programs from the “Start” menu. If you are a Mac user, use the “finder” application.
- Click on “Tools”, this is at the top of the window. Click on the “Email accounts” option to open your email account options.
- To proceed with the Outlook email setup procedure, click on the “Add a new email account” option and click the “Enter” button on your keyboard. Now, enter the Comcast email type (POP3) and hit “Next”.
- Continue this Outlook email setup procedure by entering your personal details in this step. Enter your email address in the format “firstname.lastname@example.org”, where “your name” is your unique user name.
- You have to specify your “server information”. For “incoming mail server”, from the drop down menu select POP3 and type in “mail.comcast.net”. For the “Outgoing mail server”, select SMTP and type in “smtp.comcast.net”.
- Now, the Outlook email setup wizard requires you to provide your email account information. Enter your username and password at the appropriate fields.
- The Outlook email setup process is almost complete. All you have to do is click on the “Test Account Settings”. This basically checks whether there is any issues in logging in, if there is any problem, the program will notify you.
That’s basically all the help you need to configure your email account in Outlook using the Outlook email setup wizard.