You were trying to compose a new mail, and found that one of your previous accounts is still set us your default email account in Outlook and you don’t know what to do about it. How do you feel in this situation? Let me guess – really frustrated, right? Relax! Such issues arise due to an incorrect Outlook setting. Here are some tips to change your default account.
Change your outlook settings to Configure Default Account
Setting the default account is a very simple procedure. Just follow these guidelines to change the concerned Outlook setting.
Outlook setting for Outlook 2007
- You can start off this help procedure to change your Outlook setting by launching the Tools menu from the Outlook Window.
- Go to the Account Settings option from the Tools menu.
- Now to change your Outlook setting for the default account, highlight the desired account from the list of accounts in your email program.
- Now, click on the option Set as Default to set that particular account as the default account.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on Close to escape from the Outlook setting window.
Outlook setting for 2003
- Go to the Tools menu and then select the option Email accounts from the Tools menu.
- Go to the option View or change existing e-mail accounts and then click Next.
- Now, highlight the desired account from the list of accounts in your email program.
- Click on the option Set as Default to set that particular account as the default account and then click on Finish to escape from the Set up.
- Once you are done with these steps, your default account is set.
In future, all your emails will pull out from this account. You can change your default account according to the priority of the account listed in your email program.