Want to configure your Charter Account in your Outlook? Well, it’s really easy to do that. All you have to do is configure the right Outlook settings to do that. You can get the correct configurations by referring to the Charter’s email account documentation. Or you could continue reading and configure your Outlook settings from this article.
So, let’s start setting up your Charter account in Outlook.
Change these Outlook settings exactly as instructed
- Start off by clicking ‘Tools’ from the Outlook toolbar and then select ‘Email accounts’. After this, click on ‘Add a new email account’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- You can select POP3 as your server type. After this, you’ll see a few Outlook settings that require your personal information such as name and email address.
- Now, configure these Outlook settings exactly as instructed. Type in ‘pop.charter.net’ as your Incoming mail server (POP3) and then type in ‘smtp.charter.net’ as your Outgoing mail server (SMTP). After this, enter your login details (such as your email id and password).
- You can continue by clicking on the ‘Advanced’ tab and then enabling the option ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’. You’ll find it under ‘Incoming Server (POP3)’. Now set these Outlook settings exactly as written – set your Incoming Server as 110 and your Outgoing Server (SMTP) as 25. Click OK to continue.
- The final part of this Outlook settings tutorial is to test your connection. All you have to do is click on the ‘Test Account Settings’ and you should get a message confirming your correct configurations. If not, then you’ll have to go through each of these Outlook settings and correct any mistakes you’ve made.
Always remember that one mistake is enough for your Charter account’s configuration can go haywire. So, take your time and enter each of these Outlook settings as instructed.
In the rare case that you can’t setup your Charter account no matter what, you’ll have to contact the Charter support team and get assistance from them. Also, contacting the Microsoft Office support team can get you the assistance you need.