AT&T brought BellSouth for 67 billion dollars in the year 2006. The merger meant faster development of IPTV (Internet protocol TV) services for US customers. However old Bellsouth users still have their bellsouth.net extension for private email. Setting up an Bellsouth account is relatively easier compared to other email account providers. Take a look and follow the steps mentioned below to setup your Bellsouth email client using the Outlook settings.
How to setup your Bellsouth account using Outlook settings
- Launch Outlook Express
- Choose the “Tools” from the Menu bar.
- Then select “Bellsouth Account” from the Tools menu (The Email Accounts Wizard will pop up).
- Under the Email heading, choose “Add a new email account.” And then Click “Next.”
- Select server type. In most instances, you need to use a POP3 connection. For a Bellsouth account, you will want to use an HTTP connection. Click “Next.”
- These Outlook settings involve entering your Bellsouth details like:
- Your Name – use your full name and use title case (e.g. Ashley Cole) as this is how your name will appear when others receive your email
- Email Address (Bellsouth account)
- User Name – which is the first half of your email address
- Password (created when you set up the bellsouth mail box)
- Incoming mail server– this is the mail server address by Bellsouth where you will be checking your emails
- Outgoing mail server– this is the bellsouth mail server address for your Internet connection.
- Test account settings to make sure your address and outlook settings are working properly. Remember: You need to be connected to the Internet to perform this test. Click the “Test Account Settings.” You may need to adjust some of your settings. To do so, click “More Settings.” After the outlook settings are corrected, click “Next.”
How to authenticate Outgoing servers using Outlook settings
Some outgoing servers do require authentication. To activate this in Outlook settings go through the following steps:
- Click on “More Settings”
- Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab
- Check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- In most cases select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” radio button.
- Click “OK.”
After following all these steps, the “Congratulations” screen will appear. You have successfully entered the Outlook settings required to configure Bellsouth. Click “Finish” to exit the email wizard.
Using the Outlook settings recommended by the Outlook team you should be able to change your settings. In case you are not able to change the Outlook settings, the Outlook Support team is there for you. You can easily get help to configure your Outlook settings for Bellsouth, or any other account for that matter. So what you waiting for?