You must be aware of the many email account providers out there. True, this particular market is dominated by Google’s Gmail, Yahoo mail and Hotmail, but there are many users who use lesser known email account providers and are happy with it. But, users find it hard to get the right instructions to configure their accounts in their Outlook. Gmail and Yahoo’s Outlook settings are easy to come by, but email accounts (such as TELUS) can seem difficult to configure. So, this article is here to break this misconception about lesser known email accounts, by providing you with the right instructions to configure your TELUS account in Outlook. This way, you can use your TELUS account along with the awesome features of Outlook.
Follow these steps and configure your Outlook settings exactly as instructed
A word of caution – make sure you change the Outlook settings exactly as the instructions say. Wrong Outlook settings can wreak havoc on your Outlook, so it’s always recommended that you change the Outlook settings which you’re familiar with and that too, to the exact configurations as instructed.
- You can begin by clicking on ‘Tools’ from the Outlook toolbar and then selecting ‘Email Accounts’ from the drop down menu. Continue by selecting ‘Add a new email account’ and then click ‘Next’.
- You’ll now see some Outlook settings that deal with your email server settings. Select ‘IMAP’ as your ‘Server Type’ and after that, enter your name and TELUS email id in the following fields.
- Continue configuring your Outlook settings by entering ‘imap.telus.net’ (without quotes) in the ‘Incoming mail server’ field that’s situated below the ‘Server Information’ field. After this, enter ‘smtp.telus.net’ (again without quotes) in the ‘Outgoing mail server’ field.
- Enter your TELUS username and password in the corresponding fields below the ‘Log on Information’ heading. You also have Outlook settings that’ll allow Outlook to save your password, so enable it if you want to.
- After you’re done following the above steps, click ‘Next’ to save your Outlook settings and then click on ‘Finish’.
Your TELUS account should be configured and ready to use now.