Outlook is one of the most useful tools for managing your email and personal data. Among the different version of this that has come out so far, Outlook 2010 is the most popular, and has many reasons why so many people use it.
The interface is a thing of simplicity and quiet functionality, with the Quick Steps allowing from better conversation threading. Then there is the Schedule View that you can use to take care of your schedules more efficiently. You get to see more than one calendar at once, with these arranged horizontally for the best viewing. This lets you take them in at a glance and glean all the information that would go into deciding your remaining activities.
Social network integration is another of the good things about this version of Outlook. Older versions do not have this, which is why they are limited in many ways. The 2010 edition keeps you connected with friends and contacts on social networks like Facebook or LinkedIn, using the Outlook Social Connector. And all of the information coming in that way can be easily viewed from inside the application, so there is no need to fire up your browser, and log in each time.
The Backstage Location feature in Outlook 2010 lets you keep control over the settings in the program, all from a single place. This way you will be able to go on adding more mail accounts to the program. Several other similar features in Outlook 2010 help you stay on top of your mailing and correspondence needs.
Outlook is a very versatile productivity tool, which makes sure that you can keep from making silly mistakes like sending mail to the wrong person. There is the provision to be warned when you are typing in the wrong address for a certain type of message, based on the people you usually send such mail to. These features in Outlook 2010 help you ensure that mistakes do not jeopardize your work in any way.
You could be working for some organization and preparing a message that is only for those on the inside. Suppose you type in the ID of an outsider without thinking. Outlook alerts you that you may have specified a wrong recipient. In this way, the app manages your mailing activities as well as the mail and the schedule, which means that you have the equivalent of an assistant managing your correspondences.
Outlook Calendar Options
Outlook is not just an email client application, but can be used as a personal assistant application as well. Microsoft has included many different options and features in the Windows OS for this purpose mainly aimed at the Enterprise users. You can use the Calendar feature to set up reminders for upcoming events or use the Outlook Tasks feature to organize your tasks. There is also the Contacts feature, which you can use to maintain an address book for all your friends and colleagues’ contacts and email addresses in one place.
Microsoft makes some necessary changes to these features in all their latest MS Outlook versions improving the functions and making it more user-friendly. If you are already familiar with these features in the Outlook 2007 version, when you make the upgrade to Outlook 2010 you will notice some changes. You can make use of the Outlook 2010 Help guide to help you through this. The option is there in the main toolbar itself or you can just press F1 to access this Outlook user guide.
Microsoft has introduced many changes especially to the Calendar feature in Outlook 2007. This makes it much easier to organize the scheduled events in the calendar. One of the complaints some Enterprise users had in the past was about the options for organising the scheduled events in the Outlook Calendar. Microsoft took care of these issues in the subsequent versions and they keep tweaking this feature in all their latest Outlook versions as well.
Scheduling Events In Outlook
Scheduling an event on the Calendar is pretty straightforward. Just open the calendar and go the desired date. Change the Calendar View to Day, Week, or Month using the options provided in the toolbar. Select the Day option to go to a particular day and click on a particular time to create an event. A separate Appointment window will now open, where you can fill in all the details for the event Subject, Location, Start Time, End Time, etc.
You get many options for organising all these saved events in the Outlook Calendar. One of the simple methods is to color-code these events based on their type. You can give one colour for the work-related events and another one for the events in your personal life. The events can also be categorized into High Importance or Low Importance categories based on their priority. Use these options in Outlook 2010 Help to keep track of all your scheduled events, if you are a very busy person.
Configuring Microsoft Outlook
Over the years, Microsoft Outlook email client has evolved to become one of the most popular and widely used email management programs in the world. Use of the email client increases productivity and simplifies work, thanks to the long list of features and tools that have been integrated. If you are wondering how to set up Outlook to be able to access your third party email account, for example SBCglobal, the process is quite simple. A comprehensive guide on how to set up Outlook with SBCglobal is given below.
- Open the Outlook program in your computer.
- Click on Tools from the main menu bar. From the options, select Email Accounts.
- From the menu that pops up, select Add a new email account. Click on the Next button to initiate email account configuration.
- When prompted to select the type of email to be used, select
- In the Name field, enter a proffered name that should be shown on all outgoing emails.
- In the Email Address field, enter your SBCglobal email address. Remember to enter the full email address, not just the username.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the Server Information. Enter the same without errors. Choose POP3 in the Incoming Mail Server field, and set the address as att.yahoo.com. The Outgoing Mail Server should be set to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
- When asked to provide the details, enter the SBCglobal account’s Username and Re-enter the password when asked to confirm.
- You can choose to sign in to this account automatically by placing a checkmark in the box labeled Remember password.
- Complete the setup process of the wizard by clicking on the Next Once done, click on Finish.
- Click on the name of the account you just created and then click on the Properties button you see on the right side.
- Click on the Advanced tab to open it.
Add SBCglobal To Outlook
- In the window, set the Outgoing Server port number to 465. Place a check mark in the box that is labeled This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Similarly, set the Incoming Server port number to 995 and place a check mark in the box that is labeled This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Click on OK and then Close to complete the setup and exit the email setup wizard.
That’s it. Restart Outlook to apply the changes and start accessing emails from the SBCglobal email provider.
Features Of Outlook
Outlook is one of the best email programs in the world. This email program helps you to add your email accounts and thus, helps you to manage the accounts with ease. Once you configure the Outlook setting, you can start managing the emails in a better way.
Now, sometimes, you will receive emails that have attachments in them. These attachments can be a picture, video or any documents. Now, when you click on the attachment, the program downloads it to the Downloads folder present under the folder My Documents. Now, the My Documents folder is present in the C: drive of the computer and it may not always be easy to navigate to this location.
If you can change the default location where the file is downloaded, it becomes easier for you to access the files. In this post, we will help you to change the default email location in the program, so that you can start accessing the downloaded files with ease.
- Open the Start menu in the program by pressing the Windows logo key and click the option Run.
- The above step will open the small window for Run.
- In the field for Run window, type regedit and click the button OK.
- The above step will open the window for Windows Registry.
- In the windows registry, select the option HKEY_CURRENT_USER from the left pane.
- As the next step, expand the option Software and then Microsoft.
- Choose the option Office and then select 12.0.
- Select the option Outlook and then select Options.
- Click the option Edit from the drop down window. Place the move over the option New and then choose String Value from the new box that opens to the right of the first menu.
- Enter DefaultPath in the field and hit the Enter key. This will save the changes made to the program.
- Go to the desktop and select the folder, where you wish to save the downloaded attachments. Choose the drop down arrow in the address bar and you will be able to view the folder path.
Outlook Email Configuration
- Copy this text and paste it in the folder’s path of the registry key.
- Select the button OK.
- Restart the PC.
With the above steps, all the files downloaded from Outlook program will now be saved in the new folder set. If you have any doubts regarding the above steps or about Outlook setting, you may contact the Outlook help center or our technical support team.
Outlook Tips And Tricks
Most users have a love-hate relationship with Microsoft Outlook email client. Although they may cry hoarse about the smallest issues with the email client, the program is still the best email client ever released until now. It finds use in both workplaces as well as in home computers, because of all the features it provides. Outlook is extremely useful when you have multiple emails coming in from different accounts and you need to address them all.
However, most users only use the minimal features of Microsoft Outlook email client, either oblivious to the other features or too shy to use them. Outlook is filled with many different productivity applications that help increase the speed of the users. Getting to know more about Microsoft Outlook and its various features will pay off since you will be able to make use of several features available in Microsoft and power use the application to perform your duties well. Here are some tricks that are popular amongst most professional Outlook users.
Categorizing And Sorting Emails
- It is best to avoid clutter when using Outlook, deleting what is not required and keeping only the essentials.
- Make a To-Do folder where you can move in email conversations that require immediate attention.
Making Use Of The Outlook Calendar
- Once you start using the Calendar feature, you will realize that it is an indispensible feature that will help you keep track of what is required, what needs attention and which tasks have been completed.
- You can even share your Calendar by giving others access to view it. This is useful if your subordinates or coworkers needs to know if you are free or occupied at a given time.
Making Use Of Action Folders In Outlook
Usually used for archiving purposes, you can extend the use of this feature by creating a Pending folder; you will be able to pin emails for which you are waiting for a reply. This is kind of similar to To-Do folder but is used for entirely different purpose.
Making Use of Flags
Outlook Time Saving Features
- Most of us have seen this feature yet never made use of it. By right-clicking on a particular email and setting a Flag, you will be able to create reminders for a particular email.
- This way, you will be prompted and reminded by the email on the time you specify.
As you can see, once you know more about Microsoft Outlook, you will be able to make use of all the different features that Outlook provides and work efficiently.
About Microsoft Outlook, it is an impressive email management software providing users the great ability to work in an online or offline mode. There are many impressive features allowing users to enjoy a seamless and great emailing experience. One of the best features of the email client is the fact that Outlook allows users to maintain multiple email accounts.
You need to know that the Outlook Offline mode helps users to have complete access to all email messages and attachments without downloading new emails. This is quite helpful for the users, who have their Microsoft Outlook already set for checking and receiving email messages automatically. When users need to concentrate on a project without being interrupted by being informed of a email arriving, yet when the user still needs to have access to their past emails, they will be able to choose to change their Outlook to work in Offline mode. When the user wishes to receive emails again, they will have to turn their Outlook settings back online again. These are the steps:
- You need to launch Microsoft Outlook mail client.
- First, you need to click on File from the top bar. Then, you will see a menu drop down.
- You need to choose Work Online from the drop-down menu. After that, your Outlook mail client needs to automatically connect to the online mail server and you can then start sending and receiving email again.
- In the Microsoft Exchange Server email account, you need to launch the Microsoft Outlook mail client.
- After that, you need to click on the Tools menu and then you need to choose E-mail Accounts.
- Thereafter, you need to click on View or change existing e-mail accounts and then click on the Next
- Thereafter, you need to click on Microsoft Exchange Server and then click Change.
- Then, you need to click on the More Settings
- After that, you need to select Choose the connection type when starting option, and then choose the OK button for saving the settings. This will then allow you to launch the email client in online or offline mode every time you will be starting the client.
After that, you need to restart Outlook and then allow it to launch in online mode. Get to enjoy some of the best things about Microsoft Outlook, going online mode and offline mode as per your preference. Try doing it.
Responsive web design has come to resolve the problems of multi-screen. However, it is not adequate from the print perspective. An element of fixed size of page cannot be seen in the web design now-a-days. Therefore, physical constraint is not seen in the periphery quite naturally. Previously, web designing is done on the basis of pixels for mobile and desktops. By using responsive web design, more websites can be opened in the mobile device. It is important to know about few basic principles of web designing. Fluidity can be achieved quite easily with the web designing of responsive nature. In-depth knowledge about website designing can be achieved if web designer put focus on the layouts.
Adaptive Vs Responsive Web Design
Both the aspects of the responsive and adaptive web designing look similar to each other. It compliments basic principle.
If the size of the screen becomes smaller then it takes additional vertical space in the device. Extra attributes of the website is moved down. It can be considered as the flow of the website quite naturally. Problems can be seen in order to grasp the entire process in this manner. Web design is not created on the basis of points and pixels. Time is required in order to become used to with the situations quite naturally.
For different platforms like mobile screen, desktops and laptops, variations can be seen quite naturally. Change in pixel density can be seen due to this reason as well. Flexibility is required in the website in order to make it work perfectly. Relative units can be seen as an important factor in this situation. In order to make a screen 50% wider, you have to take a significant part of the screen.
Predefined change in the layout has been allowed by breakpoints. It creates 3 columns in the desktop and 1 column in the mobile device. If the website is designed with the CSS properties then it can be changed quite easily. Usually, alteration in the website from desktop to mobile screen depends on the content, such as on Falcon Marketing’s article about Google Adwords. Breakpoint can be added if a sentence is twisted from the middle. However, it should be used with utmost caution. Confusion can be seen if there is a problem to define the influence of each other.
Maximum and Minimum Values
Content can take every inch of the website quite easily. Similar type of content can have less impact when it is presented in the mobile screen. In this situation, assistance can be taken from the minimum and maximum values. If the width of the website takes more than 100% then every inch of the website can be filled.
It is necessary to remember about the relative position. Managing different kinds of elements at one go can be a difficult task to achieve. Therefore, it is better to put a limitation on the elements of the website quite naturally. In this way, website can be given cleaner and excellent effect. Help can be taken from static pixels in this situation. Important attributes of the website such as buttons and logos should not be overlooked.
The email accounts of the users make use of the email server that is offered by the email host administrator. The Outlook program also supports internal company accounts. This is done by making use of the Microsoft Exchange Server. If you think that there are any bad settings, you can click on Tools and then select Options in the Interface of the Outlook program. You can then select the email account that is causing the issues and then go to the Properties window of the account. Sometimes, it may happen that the Server fails to respond or crashes unexpectedly.
One fix to the issue is to type in the password again to ensure that the correct password is stored in the server. You will also need to verify that you are having the correct server address and then check SSL if the server needs encrypted communication.
You will need to check the performance monitor in the Exchange Server administration software. This will allow you to know if the memory and processor resources of the server are used up. If these are used up, the email processes will get slowed down. The next thing that you need to check is the permission for the customers. They will need permission to connect to the Exchange server. You will be able to find these permissions in Active Directory Users and Computers panel. Make sure that the email property for the employee is having the username and inbox verified.
Outlook Exchange Server
Each time the users open the Outlook program, the program synchronizes with the host server. An issue can be the limited space that the Outlook customer can use on the Outlook server. If the inbox of the user is filled up, the server will reject the incoming and outgoing email messages saying that the server is full. In this situation, the user will have only two options, to delete email messages in directory for Outlook or to increase the space that is available in the inbox. Many of the users prefer increasing the space as opposed to deleting the email messages. You will be able to increase the space from Active Directory Users and Computers area.
These are the Outlook setting steps that can be done to prevent failures in the Outlook Server. If you have any confusions or doubts regarding any of the Outlook setting steps, you can contact the official Outlook help and support team.
Outlook Remote Access
The thing people like most about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that it lets you handle so many activities from a single space. All of your mail communications can be managed from inside the application, and so can other important information like your contacts and schedules. There are few alternatives which perform with even a tenth of the capability that Outlook has. This is probably why free programs like Thunderbird have yet to run Outlook out of the market.
One of the useful provisions in this application is that you can access the application information remotely. The application which lets you do this is another Microsoft product, called ActiveSync. This facilitates real-time sync between your desktop PC or an Exchange Server, and a compatible mobile you happen to be carrying while on the go. Following is how to set it all up.
- Install the ActiveSync software on your PC first. For this, you can either use the CD, or a downloaded installer file. The latter of these you can get from the Microsoft’s official website. You’ll have to choose the language you want, and then accept the license agreement before downloading. Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Set up a connection to link your PC and mobile device. Launch the ActiveSync program from the Start menu, and when the window comes up, choose the Connect via IR option. This lets you connect via Infrared. To use Bluetooth instead, choose Connect via Bluetooth. Hit the Sync button to establish the connection fully.
- Use a serial or USB cable to connect the phone to the PC, if you don’t have Bluetooth or infrared on the device. When you do this, the Sync Setup wizard comes up automatically. If you need more information about this, go to the Help menu in the ActiveSync application.
Sync Outlook Email
- Complete the setup by following the instructions displayed. A sync is set up between the PC and the smartphone. After this, you can physically disconnect the two. ActiveSync does the synchronization automatically.
- You can change the sync settings for a particular device from the Options section in the program.
That was on how to use ActiveSync to make your Outlook email accessible from a separate device, such as a smartphone. For more information about Microsoft Outlook tricks like these, check out the latest posts by tag. Use the search function to find relevant posts faster.
According to recent reliable reports, Microsoft has launched an upgraded version of Microsoft Outlook for OS X to enable the users to use the email application in Mac systems. In addition to this, the software giant has also announced the launch of new versions for other Office suite of applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote that are compatible with the Mac PCs.
For a long time now, several Mac users have been calling the Windows support team to know about Microsoft Outlook and when the version for OS X would finally be launched. The company, by launching a sophisticated version of Outlook, has provided an opportunity for the Mac users to enjoy the amazingly user-friendly options of the email application. In the latest version, the software giant has promised that the scrolling between the available options would be much smoother and the users would find it much easier to switch between the tabs on the ribbon menu.
Outlook For Mac
Upon hearing the news of the launch of the email application for Mac, a large number of users contacted several tech support services to know about Microsoft Outlook and how to get it in their systems. Sources close to Microsoft also state that the Office 365 subscribers would also be able to experience improved performance and reliability, better syncing options as well as an online support feature for locating the Exchange archives in the application. The users can download this recently launched update by visiting the account page on the Microsoft Office online portal.
The company has also stated that it will launching updated versions for Office for Mac soon with advanced versions of applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Sources close to Microsoft said, “In the first half of 2015 we will release a public beta for the next version of Office for Mac, and in the second half of 2015 we will make the final release available. Office 365 commercial and consumer subscribers will get the next version at no additional cost, and we will release a perpetual license of Office for Mac in the same timeframe.” In addition to this, the Redmond- based software giant has also said that it will also be focusing on several cloud and mobile products and will launching them in the market soon.
With such interesting cross-platform updates, it is clear that Microsoft is leaving no stone unturned in expanding its business across the globe.